AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance
AARP Medicare Supplemental Plans are a great choice for people with Medicare. Many ask about the AARP Medicare Supplement and United Healthcare association. United Healthcare pays a royalty to use the AARP name. This partnership was created to expand upon the many offerings and benefits of being an AARP member.
Some of the benefits of being an AARP member include vision discounts, pharmacy savings and a 24 hour nurse hotline. The Silver Sneakers fitness Program is also available in select states. You can use the Silver Sneakers program at participating gym. It helps to cover all or a potion of your gym membership.
AARP Medigap Plans - Frequently Asked Questions
- What conditions must be met in order for pre-existing conditions to be covered?
It is important to choose your medigap plan within six months of your 65th birthday. If you sign up for an AARP Medicare supplement within this six month period, any pre-existing conditions will be waved.
Also, you have six months from the start date of your Medicare part B to enroll in an AARP medicare supplement without any pre-existing conditions. Individuals who are replacing prior creditable coverage within 63 days of termination will also not be subject to pre-existing conditions.
- Can I use an AARP Medicare supplement at any doctor or hospital?
One of the great things about a Medicare supplement plan is the portability. You can go to any doctor or hospital in the United States that accepts Medicare. If you have an AARP Medicare supplement plan F, Medicare will pick up 80% of the bill and your supplement will pay your Part B deductible and the remaining 20% charge. Many seniors like the plan F due to the ease and simplicity of the plan. As long as Medicare pays, you should never have to write a check out of your pocket for doctors’ office expenses.
- Does AARP offer Medicare supplements in all 50 states?
Yes, AARP offers many plans in all 50 states and the traditional Medicare plans F and G are the most popular among seniors.
AARP and United Healthcare Medicare Plans - How To Compare and Sign Up
Whether you are turning 65 or already on Medicare, it is important to do a thorough analysis of the options available to you. There are many different companies offering Medicare Supplement plans, and what's available in your area is different than what is available elsewhere.
That said, because of AARP's track record and reputation and the fact that they offer plans in all 50 states, they are typically an option that you'll definitely want to include in your plan selection process.
To get more information or quotes, simply visit the AARP Medicare Supplemental Quotes page of this site.